THIS APPLICATION WILL BE ONLINE ONLY
Application for Tuition assistance scholarship
1. DEADLINE for scholarship application is May 5th, 5:00 p.m. (no exceptions).
2. Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
3. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e. reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.)
4. If any question does not apply to you in this application please put N/A in the space.
5. Consideration for any scholarship award is based on a point system including GPA, participation in extracurricular activities, school organizations, and community service. This scholarship is renewable per year only if the criteria in the guidelines are maintained.
6. You will be notified in May regarding the status of your application.
NOTE: Scholarship fund will be awarded to the student upon evidence of registration and mailed to the college.
Purpose: To provide scholarships to deserving candidates interested in pursuing a college course of study.
Award Components: Amount of Scholarship varies depending on financial need.
- Applicant must be a parishioner of Our Lady of Refuge or a North Monterey County resident. Resident address MUST BE IN NORTH COUNTY* – No Exceptions
- Applicant must be of Hispanic descent.
- Applicant must qualify for financial assistance.
- Applicant must be at least a graduating senior in High School. (Unless you are applying to receive aid for a private High School)
- Applicant must have a current minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and provide a recent transcript
- No additional college degrees awarded after bachelor degree.
Applicant must submit the following items online:
1. Completed application form
2. Two letters of recommendation from choice of teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individual with significant knowledge of applicants’ experience and involvement.
3. An official and recent transcript with cumulative grade point average and class standing/rank.
4. If you are selected as a finalist for the scholarship, you may be expected to participate in an interview.
Note: All application material, including recommendation letter, must be in English.
Deadline for application is Tuesday, May 5th for 2020 at 5pm.
Applications are now closed.