*THIS APPLICATION WILL BE ONLINE ONLY
Application for Tuition assistance scholarship
1. DEADLINE for scholarship application is April 8th of every year, 5:00 p.m. (no exceptions).
2. Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
3. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e. reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.)
4. If any question does not apply to you in this application please put N/A in the space.
5. Consideration for any scholarship award is based on a point system including GPA, participation in extracurricular activities, school organizations, and community service. This scholarship is renewable per semester only if the criteria in the guidelines are maintained.
6. You will be notified in May regarding the status of your application.
NOTE: Scholarship fund will be awarded to the student upon evidence of registration in accredited high school institution.
Purpose: To provide scholarships to deserving candidates interested in pursuing high school course of study in a private school.
Award Components: Amount of Scholarship varies depending on financial need.
1. Applicant must be a parishioner of Our Lady of Refuge or a North Monterey County resident.
2. Applicant must be of Hispanic descent.
3. Applicant must qualify for financial assistance.
4. Applicant must be at least a graduating 8th grade student in the year of the award.
5. Applicant must have a current minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and provide a recent transcript
Applicant must submit the following items:
1. Completed application form online
2. Letter of application addressed to the Scholarship Committee. Please see essay portion for details.
3. Two letters of recommendation from choice of teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individual with significant knowledge of applicants’ experience and involvement. One of the two letters of recommendation can be from a parent or legal guardian.
4. An official and recent transcript with cumulative grade point average and class standing/rank.
5. If you are selected as a finalist for the scholarship, you be expected to participate in an interview. All those interviewed will be notified by May of the status of their application.You will be required to be bring in a copy of your original transcript as well as your letters of recommendation to the interview.
Deadline for application is April 8th of each year. Please complete the application online. Application closed.